Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tutorial

Tutorial I chose: http://www.worth1000.com/tutorials/161615/removing-things-from-your-pictures-with-clone

I saved the original dog image to use as my starting point.



First, I began with cloning the dogs head. Using the tips of the tutorial, I selected a soft brush to clone with and took from only the blurry areas around the dogs head, and not sharper selections from the foreground.

 Here I have now cloned the top half of the dogs body which is the most blurred part. In the tutorial, the writer seemed to make patterns with the clone tool, then go back later and fix them. Instead, I've chosen to select random areas as I go, so I don't have to go back and choose random spots in the end.

Now I have begun to work on cloning the bottom half of the image. This is a bit more difficult because the image quality at the bottom is sharper and the softness of the brush makes it hard to replicate sharply, but if the clone is not soft, it looks choppy. I have been working more slowly on this section to try and create a realistic look. I also decreased the brush size in order to capture the details of the sharpness better.

This is the final image as a screenshot.


This is the final image saved as a JPEG.

No comments:

Post a Comment